Not necessarily. The MapQuest for Mobile app can be used as a simple maps and directions app on wifi. However, it requires the device it runs on to have GPS (global positioning system) capability in order to be used as a navigation app. Therefore, the device will need to be connected to a network at all times in order for navigation to work while on the road.
Articles in this section
- Where to Download MapQuest for Windows 8
- Getting Started: Enabling Location Services
- Getting Directions
- Using a Recent or Contact to get a route
- Search Using Map Layers
- Why Can’t MapQuest Locate Me?
- Customizing Your App
- Voice Navigation FAQs
- Do I Need a Data Plan for the App to Work?
- Bluetooth Integration